Welcome to www.mistriotis.com.
Call: 077 8535 6554.
My CV is available here.
Links mentioned in the document:
- Google: Simplfication Superhero award
- King's College Lion's Den announcement (2009) and screenshot of site
- Degrees: King's College, AUEB
- BSc Thesis (hosted) and local copy (2003)
- MSc Thesis (local copy) (2009)
- Reference letters:
- Course certificate from Data Science at General Assembly
Adding Data Science Know-How
These are some small-scale projects related to the field currently originating from MOOCs, and learning projects.
- Data Science at General Assembly course, completed end of August 2017 (Certificate)
- Scrapping of Goodreads.com categories. Was interested to see which categories of books are more published than others. Mashup from URL retrieval from Goodreads.com up to creation of graph either with Google's Spreadsheet or with Python's Matplotlib
- Visualisation Makeover". Assignment for Udacity's "Data visualisation and D3.js"
- The number of Greeks who moved abroad during the crisis. Copied over data from: http://www.newdiaspora.com/the-number-of-greeks-who-moved-abroad-during-the-crisis/ Data exploration and some visualisations
- Learning R, currently in tutorial stage: http://tryr.codeschool.com/
- Scala: Functional Programming Principles in Scala by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne on Coursera. Certificate earned at Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:03 PM GMT
IT Archetypes Book
An insider's look at the mind of a software developer.
In an era defined by software, we actually know very little about the people who write all those lines of code that power it. This book aims to change that.
- Stack Exchange:
- Codewars - learning Python
Guest Blog post (in Greek), worst books read on last three years:
Red Flags in Interviews (local copy).
Comic Strip Inspiration for IT (local copy).
A UK oriented CV writing guide (Medium). Notes on writing a CV mainly for UK, unfinished, under construction.
(Greek) Ας μιλήσουμε για ψευδείς ειδήσεις (local copy).
(Greek) Τι δεν θα μου λείψει από αυτούς που γράφουν άρθρα για το τι δεν θα τους λείψει από την Ελλάδα (local copy).
(Greek) Η άποψη μου για το τι συμβαίνει στην Ελλάδα τα τελευταία δέκα χρόνια (local copy).
UK IT business - the bad and the ugly
Discusing the negative aspects, because we all know the positive. Was initially thinking of a long essay, but decided to split it into smaller pieces. First one is titled "Problematic business relationships" and is about the orientation of UK's IT industry (local copy).
Decided to write again on the subject after some experiences: Why I will never work again for a "London" company.
Some more thoughts on the companies that decide out of nowhere to onboard a very big client account: Problematic business relationships part 2, the cult of the one big client (local copy, hacker news link).
A list of posts originally in medium:
- Your old posts: How Austin’s Yourself Online helps delete the past(local copy).
- Entroware Apollo reviewlocal copy.
- Reflections on "On the beach": IT personalities, job hopping and staffing - local copy.
- On London Startups: The good the baand the ugly part 1 — local copy.
- On London Startups: The good the baand the ugly part 2 — local copy.
Startups - Articles in Greek
A series of articles in Greek about startups, mainly IT related. Written in Greek because of limited content available in that language as well as having an emerging small startup scene at the timeof writing. Posting as guest of tnfy blog not only because I liked it and wanted to contribute there, but also because the layout changes, the images and other contributions of the owner elevate copy's quality to the next level. Blog now defunct, outbound links from web archive.
- Startups 101: Definitions, what's a startup - local copy.
- Startups 102: Staffing - local copy.
- Startups 103: Raising capital - local copy.
- Startups 104: Urban Legends - local copy.
- Startup postmortems: local copy.
- Startup reading list: local copy.
- Startup wrap up: Final post on the series, recap of previous articles, corrections and personal evaluation of the experience; local copy.
- What’s the difference between llege-level and corporate programming?: one of the answers of the article featured in in Ars Technica (local copy).li>
- Deploy Rails (production) on your own server.
- Substraction and the art of code intenance.
- It’s Fontastic!: About the awesome fontastic service.
- A "sivering" moment – Whatever scares you… About the influence of Derek Sivers.
- The path to SJCP 310-065 exam: Some notes and advice about eparing and taking the exam.
- The path to SJCP 310-065 exam - Part 2: Follow up on searching sample exam questions from scratch, using Java's labels as an example.
- How to learn Ruby - Tales in Rubyland part 1: Re-learning Ruby d the surrounding ecosystem.
- Tales in Rubyland part 2 - "You can write elegant shell scripts and it test them too".
- Learning Tail Reversal (exercises, pdf).
A podcast in Greek about immigration and living abroad, more specific to United Kingdom.
- Courseira - Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Functional Programming Principles in Scala (local copy).
- Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer, 14h February 2011. Transcript: JavaSE6-ProgrammerCertifiedProfessionalExamScoreReport.pdf.
- Oracle Certified Java Associate, 17th December 2010 (CX-310-019), which is the easiest, entry level exam for the Java ecosystem. Transcript: JavaSE5-6_Certified_Associate_Exam-Score_Report.pdf, Certification: oracle_java_cert_se5-6.jpg.
- Microsoft Certified Partner, 13th November 2006: Microsoft Certification 70-315, entitled: "Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET". Transcript: xps, pdf.
- Preemptive Strike 01, a website for my favourite band, including content and digital marketing activities.
- CoffeeScript Cheat Sheet on Cheatography.
- My JS notes, also on Cheatography.
- The 30 CSS Selectors You Must Memorize Cheat Sheet, also on Cheatography,
stoleninspired from The 30 CSS Selectors You Must Memorize by Jeffrey Way, 9 Jun 2011.