Welcome to www.mistriotis.com.
Call: 077 8535 6554.
My CV is available here.
Links mentioned in the document:
- King's College Lion's Den announcement (2009) and screenshot of site.
- Degrees: King's College, AUEB.
- BSc Thesis(hosted) and local copy (2003).
- Reference letters: Dr Elias Efstathou from academia, Vangelis Dafnomilis from industry, Socrates Kollios from Rails introductory course.
IT Archetypes Book
An insider's look at the mind of a software developer
In an era defined by software, we actually know very little about the people who write all those lines of code that power it. This book aims to change that.
(Greek) Τι δεν θα μου λείψει από αυτούς που γράφουν άρθρα για το τι δεν θα τους λείψει από την Ελλάδα (local copy).
(Greek) Η άποψη μου για το τι συμβαίνει στην Ελλάδα τα τελευταία δέκα χρόνια (local copy).
UK IT business - the bad and the ugly
Discusing the negative aspects, because we all know the positive. Was initially thinking of a long essay, but decided to split it into smaller pieces. First one is titled "Problematic business relationships" and is about the orientation of UK's IT industry (local copy).
Decided to write again on the subject after some experiences: Why I will never work again for a "London" company.
Some more thoughts on the companies that decide out of nowhere to onboard a very big client account: Problematic business relationships part 2, the cult of the one big client (local copy, hacker news link).
A list of posts originally in medium:
- Entroware Apollo review: local copy.
- Reflections on "On the beach": IT personalities, job hopping and staffing - local copy.
- On London Startups: The good the bad and the ugly part 1 — local copy.
- On London Startups: The good the bad and the ugly part 2 — local copy.
Startups - Articles in Greek
A series of articles in Greek about startups, mainly IT related. Written in Greek because of limited content available in that language as well as having an emerging small startup scene at the time of writing. Posting as guest of tnfy blog not only because I liked it and wanted to contribute there, but also because the layout changes, the images and other contributions of the owner elevate copy's quality to the next level.
- Startups 101: Definitions, what's a startup - local copy.
- Startups 102: Staffing - local copy.
- Startups 103: Raising capital - local copy.
- Startups 104: Urban Legends - local copy.
- Startup postmortems: local copy.
- Startup reading list: local copy.
- Startup wrap up: Final post on the series, recap of previous articles, corrections and personal evaluation of the experience; local copy.
- Substraction and the art of code maintenance.
- It’s Fontastic!: About the awesome fontastic service.
- A "sivering" moment – Whatever scares you…: About the influence of Derek Sivers.
- The path to SJCP 310-065 exam: Some notes and advice about preparing and taking the exam.
- The path to SJCP 310-065 exam - Part 2: Follow up on researching sample exam questions from scratch, using Java's labels as an example.
- How to learn Ruby - Tales in Rubyland part 1: Re-learning Ruby and the surrounding ecosystem.
- Tales in Rubyland part 2 - "You can write elegant shell scripts and unit test them too".
- Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer, 14h February 2011. Transcript: JavaSE6-ProgrammerCertifiedProfessionalExamScoreReport.pdf.
- Oracle Certified Java Associate, 17th December 2010 (CX-310-019), which is the easiest, entry level exam for the Java ecosystem. Transcript: JavaSE5-6_Certified_Associate_Exam-Score_Report.pdf, Certification: oracle_java_cert_se5-6.jpg.
- Microsoft Certified Partner, 13th November 2006: Microsoft Certification 70-315, entitled: "Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET". Transcript: xps, pdf.
- Preemptive Strike 01, a website for my favourite band, including content and digital marketing activities.
- CoffeeScript Cheat Sheet on Cheatography.
- My JS notes, again on Cheatography.